Designing a magazine look-and-feel on the web with a powerful, easy to use backend CMS.
When SIAM wanted to modernize their monthly news journal website and merge it with their other blogs, they needed a solution that allowed their team to easily create dynamic articles. With an existing .NET technical environment and a preference for the DNN content management system, Brio designed and built the SIAM News website with a focus on simple management, responsive design, and content organization.
The Solution: Customized DNN Content Management System
- Conceptualized and designed a modern, responsive theme and icon set that gives distinction to the brand and helps users wayfind throughout the website.
- Allowed for more prominent and consistent use of images throughout articles on the website, including creation of video and photo galleries.
- Integrated MathJax and DNN, making it possible to display complicated mathematical equations on the web.
- Integrated Google DoubleClick for Publishers, allowing SIAM to sell and display online ads for the first time.
- Created a dynamic navigation structure to clearly link to SIAM’s myriad of existing websites.